COVID-19 Legal Clinic
Phone number: 514 789 2755 (Montréal)
1 866 688 8729 (toll free)
- Free legal information
- Phone lines are open
- Monday to Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
COVID Law Hive
Intake form: https://lawhive.ca/question-form/
- A group of volunteer Canadian lawyers and law students giving out free legal information and advice on COVID-19 related issues taking place outside of Quebec to do with workplace health & safety, changes to work contracts, layoffs, reduced hours or pay, rental housing issues, access to children, child or spousal support concerns, urgent family law proceedings and refunds (flights, cruises, weddings, daycare services, etc).
- They are able to answer questions in English, French, Arabic, and Romanian!
Greater Montreal Community Justice Center
Phone number: (514) 227-3782
- Free legal information given by lawyers on everyday legal questions. Can provide limited legal information on tax, IP, immigration, criminal, youth protection, class actions, bankruptcy.
- They are closed for in-person meetings indefinitely. However, they still provide legal information over the phone.
Service de référence du Barreau
Phone number: (514) 866-2490
- First 60 minutes cost 60$
- Only provide service by email
Head and Hands
Phone number: (514) 481-0277
- Free legal information.
- Open by phone and email only.
- Monday and Friday: 12PM-5PM
- Tuesday to Thursday: 12PM-8PM